About the Library
Finding Your Way Around
Need help finding your way around the library? Need more sources for a project? Have questions about citation style?
Consider making an appointment with a Reference librarian. Contact Jennifer directly through this web page, or click on Ask a Librarian above for more ways to ask for help.
If you are required to take a library tour as a course assignment, please contact Jennifer Burr through the e-mail link on this page.
Your Library Barcode
Come to the Circulation Desk or telephone (585.389.2129) to receive your barcode number. Please have your university ID number ready when you call.
The barcode number is your passport to library services. Your barcode number is used to:
- Log on to the library's computers
- Access readings that your professors have placed on the library's web site through "Course Reserves"
- Check your library record online, including what you currently have checked out or placed on hold
- Off-campus, search licensed databases and download full text articles from the library's web site
- Check out books and Nazflix from the library!
Don't be locked out! Get your barcode today!
The entire Library building is wireless.
TIP: We encourage all students to have flash drives - also known as USB or thumb drives.
A flash drive allows for easy downloading of articles and projects. If you have a laptop, it will be easier to transfer documents from your laptop to a library workstation for printing. (Laptop users do not have direct access to our printing network.)
Head of Reference,
Office: Main Floor Reading Room